Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 89

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O.

Date 9/29/43
Letter No. 89
Rec'd 126

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I hope you all don't mind if I cut this letter a little short. We certainly are cramped for time. All week we have been taking tests and my head is just going around with figures. Tomorrow is math and friday is physics and Sat. I have to give a speech. I couldn't even sleep last night. I was so restless with so much in my head but -- I'm not complaining. I'll get used to it after awhile. I got about 20 letters to answer but I only wrote two all week. This one and one to Anita to let her know where to meet me etc. I told you she's coming Sat.
Sunday for chow we each had a half a chicken. I never had such a meal in the army before. Chicken, potatoes, string beans, bread, butter, salad, coffee, milk, ice cream. Boy it was swell. And plenty of it too.
I received your letter with Fluffy in it. He's so cute. I always did like cats. Maybe we will get one some day, huh, ma?
I received a letter from Ann & Pop. Thanks a lot. I also received a V. letter from Frank today and a V. letter from Howard Barber, one of the boys from N.Y. that I was separated from. He is in England now.
I'll have to close now ma. So until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. Please excuse the writing and I am so sorry I have to cut it so short, but I am sure you will understand.
Love
Tony

No comments: