Friday, October 1, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 90

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene, Ore.

Date 10/1/43
Letter No. 90
Rec'd ---

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I am going to try to attempt to drop a line before I fall out. If not I'll finish tonight.
Well my tests are just almost over. Boy they certainly get people worried. But I think I made out fairly well anyway. I got my mark in math already. We had 15 problems and I got 13 right. Boy I was sore because I got the two wrong because they were so simple. I
[?] with myself. But I think I got a pretty good grade don't you? Physics test was pretty easy. I'll let you know what I got when I find out. Chem was alright. History & Geography are on the border line. But I can't say how I made out. So keep your fingers crossed. You know how I spit out my words.
They even gave us a test in drilling a platoon. The captain said it was very good. And compared to some of the other fellows I though it was pretty good myself not too conceited of course.
We are learning how to swim correctly. Which will be quite an advancement if I can do it the way he says.
During physics laboratory today we performed an experiment (another fellow and myself) and we came out with a .75%
[?] and the teacher said it was the best one he say all week. That also made me feel that I am getting along pretty well.
I had to drop there and fall out but I just came back from study and have a few more minutes before I go to bed.
Well Anita comes tomorrow & I can't wait till I see her. It can't come fast enough. I write and let you know all about it.
I am fine and in the best of health. I hope you all are the same and I hope Pop feels O.K.
I have the University paper which gives you a good idea of how things are on the campus. I will send it to you soon. Until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Solider Boy,
Tony

No comments: