Sunday, September 12, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 82

Co. "A" ASTU 3920
U. of O.
Eugene
9/12/43
Letter 82

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It is Sunday afternoon and I am just about caught up with my mail. I want to write everybody before the term starts because I probably won't be able to answer them after.
Yesterday morning we had study classes and a refresher in Trig. And in the afternoon we were assigned to sections & platoons. We have to march from class to class in those platoons. So therefore we got rooms close together in the building so we all were assigned different rooms. And I got one which is just as nice as the other one.
Last night we went into town, it's about a half hour walk and there wasn't any dances that we liked so we bowled a few games. It's the first time I bowled. I guess Bob or Ann or Ele could beat me by a long shot. We bowled 3 games and I got 74, 82 & 117 in that order. They aren't any good I must admit but I gained each time so I felt OK. And it was a lot of fun. I don't know why I didn't go before.
This morning they had an army show at the Stadium (University Ball Park). So we went over and it was a swell show. They did some drill and demonstrated tanks, and jeeps etc. And some chemical warfare. It was a swell show.
All this afternoon I wrote letters. I wrote 10 in all. Boy I'm getting writers cramps.
I got a letter from Bobby and I certainly get a kick out of receiving her letters. She says an awful lot in a short space.
I looked around for postcards of the campus but I could only find two. I'll enclose them in this letter.
I hope everybody is in the best of health and very happy and I will write whenever I can. It won't be as much as I would like to but I'll try to write as much as I can. You know that better than I do. I'll close now. So until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: