Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 87

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O, Eugene

Date 9/22/43
Letter No. 87
Rec'd 122

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I received your letter telling me Pa was in the hospital and I got such a funny feeling I couldn't do anything last night. I hate to hear of anyone being in the hospital. But if you say he is alright ma, I guess it's alright. I wrote Dad a letter last night and sent it right away.
I received the envelope containing the pictures and the writing paper. Boy Boby and Ann certainly look swell. They look so healthy. Boby looks a bit thinner around her face, or is it just that I haven't seen her for a while. Ann looks like she picked up a little weight. Let me know if I am right in my assumption.
You wrote on one of the pictures "It looks very much like they are stealing your stuff." What do you mean by that ma. I didn't quite understand it.
I didn't hear from Joe D'Angelo. I certainly would like to hear from him. I'll drop a line to his father and find out what his address is. I didn't get those pictures from Idaho. DiFranza didn't get them developed yet.
My subjects are coming along pretty good. My math & physics are fine but I have the same trouble with English & History as I had in high school but I am trying to bear down on them.
In military P.E. we are getting experience in how to drill a platoon and giving commands. Compared to the rest I am doing fine. There are more officers around this place. We are being worked on R.O.T.C. training. So they want things just right.
The weather here is quite hot in the afternoon but very cool in the morning. It's not bad tho.
I'll sign off now. I'll have to fall out in a few minutes as per usual. So until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy
Tony

P.S. I got a heel put on my civilian shoes. 55 cents. That's pretty good isn't it?

No comments: