Sunday, September 26, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 88

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O., Eugene, Ore.

Date 9/26/43
Letter no. 88
Rec'd 122, 134, 125

Dear Mom, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

Today is Sunday and it's very gloomy. Drizzling now and then. It's good for writing letters and a bit of studying. I'm going to have tests next week. History tomorrow. I hope I make out all right.
Yesterday I went to the show & saw "Slightly Dangerous." Which I enjoyed very much. It sure was funny. And "The Falcon's Brother" which also was pretty good. I got to bed pretty early. About 11:30.
Last week some of the fellows made noise after taps were blown (10:30) so the 1st Sgt. said taps will be at 10 o'clock until they can keep quiet. So that cut down our time another half hour. So we have to rush from study (9:30) and be in bed by 10 o'clock. I don't know how long it will last.
I didn't see any plums out here, although we have them quite a few times and they taste very good.
Anita is coming down to see me Oct. 2 that's next Sat. Gosh she's a swell girl.
I am so glad sis likes her lessons so well. You never can tell. She may out play Bob & Ele.
I received a very nice letter from Frank. It took over a month to get here. Boy he writes a swell letter, so much morale and so cheerful. He's a real guy. I meant it from the bottom of my heart.
I'm glad Pop is OK. Did he receive my letter?
How are you feeling ma? You never say much about yourself?
I'm glad Ele is making out so well in school. It's good to hear she is doing all the extra work. That's the only way to get ahead & it shows here intelligence.
I received your card and it's real swell ma. Love & Kisses
I hope Grandma is in the best of health and I hope her garden is coming along OK.
I guess that's all ma. I may go bowling a little later but I don't know yet. Until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy
Love & Kisses
Tony

No comments: