Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Dear Pop

Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O.
Oregon
9/21/43

Dear Pop,

I just received word from ma that you were in the hospital. Ma says you are O.K. and I sure hope that you recover quickly. Dad you are forever having something the matter with you but that's the least worry as long as you are O.K.
I hope you have a room where you can see Brooklyn Technical H.S. And as you look at that building say to yourself, "That's the place where my son got his start and now he's continuing in the same form of education, doing his part in the war." And then if I can continue thru the course I may get a chance to become an officer. I'll bet you'll be proud of me then won't you.
We are certainly learning an awful lot here. I guess anyone would by studying 10 hrs. a day at a University. It's certainly a break for us fellows that we got the opportunity.
Now Pa, I want you to bear down and get well in a real hurry and when ma sends me a report I want them to be increasingly better each time.
I have to fall out now for classes & I want to get this off as quick as possible so here wishing you a quick recovery.
Your Loving Son,
Tony

No comments: