Monday, September 6, 2010

From Frank Voigt

Sept. 6, 1943

Dear Mom,

I have made three attempts (in as many days) to answer your letter. I was very happy to hear from you as usual but even more so this time since your last letter was last. By now you will have received the letter I wrote to you in August. If I am not mistaking, I wrote it about the same time as you wrote yours.
I also want to thank you for the cards you sent me. I made mention of them in my letters to Ann. She has no doubt told you.
I too will be looking forward to hear your two daughters play the Merry Widow Waltz & The Blue Danube. Right now I'll put my hopes with Eleanore. She is not as busy as my pal Bob.
The news about Tony was swell. I do hope he gets into a college on the east coast. No doubt if he does he will get that leave he has been waiting for.
I don't want to forget to thank you for the "Dear Buddy" strip. I do enjoy them & it seems that everyone else does too.
Did Grandma get the letter I sent her? I hope so.
I had every intention of writing quite a few letters today but such is not the case. It is almost 5 PM now & it's quite hard to write here at night.
Everything is well down here. I am as ever in very good health and higher in spirits than ever before. Hoping this letter finds you all the same.
I will try to write at least a v-mail to Eleanor right now before I don't get a chance for a long time.
Regards & Love to all.
Love,
Frank

No comments: