Thursday, September 16, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 85

Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O.
Eugene, Ore.
Letter 85
Rec'd (2) 121 9/9-9/10
9/16/43

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It is Thursday night and I'll start a letter. Although I won't be able to finish it all at once. I guess I will have to write like that from now on unless I cut them short, and I don't want to do that.
Four day and I'm still alive. I feel sorry for the boys who didn't have a knowledge of some of the subjects. They certainly are feeding us plenty. So far I am making out OK.
I am always talking about the good system they have here for everything. Well today we went to P.E. and got a full set of clean gym clothes and they will be ours until the end of the term. We just have to pay for their cleaning at the end of each month. They are cleaned each time we go there & that's 3 times a week. We got a sweatshirt, pants, athletic support, socks, & sneakers (I think we will have to pay). And a towel. Boy what a swell system. I really like it.
Davidson is here also. And I just got a letter from Borella and he said he made it home. He was home 24 hrs. He said it was worth it. He said he wrote you a letter. Did you receive it?
DiFranza went to Salt Lake City, Utah. And while on the subject of DiFranza, There is no reason why you should be peeved. The nurse was the girl I met. All you have to do is ask me ma. I can't remember whether I wrote nurse or girl in the letter before. And I wish you wouldn't get peeved anymore about things like that because it isn't worth it ma. Ain't that right?
Aunt Anna told me Clifford's address & guess where he is? In this big country he is about 25 miles from me. He's at Camp Adair and we drew rations from that camp. What a coincidence. I just wrote him a card tonight.
I am still fussy about fat ma, but not as much. I still take it all off.
Anita may come down Oct. 2. I hope she does. She's a swell girl.
I'll close now. I didn't think I would finish but I just made it by 3 minutes. So long until my next letter
Your Loving Soldier Boy
Love & Kisses
Tony

No comments: