Friday, September 3, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 78

Co. "A" STAR Unit 3902
U. of Idaho
Moscow
Sept. 3, 1943
Letter 78
Rec'd --

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It's Friday morning (during study period) and I can't say that anything new has happened.
I washed quite a few pieces of clothes last nite after study. It's pretty easy washing in a place like this because your clothes don't get so dirty like they do at a regular army camp. But the water is hard here. It's the hardest I ever saw. And it even smells half of the time. But we are getting use to it so it's not so bad although we don't drink much of it because it isn't so refreshing.
I told you last week that on the way coming back from Spokane, DiFranza & I met two girls. Well we didn't expect to be here this weekend (and we still don't know) but if we do stay here we will probably go to Lewiston to see them tomorrow. They seemed pretty nice and I think we can have a lot of fun. I tell you about it if we go.
I got a letter from Mable (Sect. at J. Thatcher) and she gave me all the dope about the place. She writes a nice letter.
Yesterday, instead of going to calisthenics, DiFranza and I took a walk around the countryside and took pictures (his camera). We started to walk up one of the hills and the further up we got the more beautiful it got. The golf course looked like a velvet blanket. We passed a few farms and took a couple of pictures of the cows, etc. I hope they come out. I would like to have them for the scrapbook. They'll be nice to look at in the future.
I can't think of anything else right now. I'll write soon. Until then I hope you are all in the best of health and very happy.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: