Monday, August 2, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 65

P.F.C. Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" STAR Unit 3902
U of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho

Date 8/2/43
Letter No. 65
Rec'd ---

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

Boy being at this place portray the army life. We don't have revellie in the morning. Just get up & make your bed before 8 o'clock. But I got up for breakfast.
Sat. we took tests all day. First we were given a psychology test which wasn't to[o] easy. After that we were given an algebra test and last a geometry test. Boy they made my head twirl. I don't think they were to[o] hard. The thing is I didn't have anything like that in such a long time. But they say they are pretty lenient.
Sunday morning Davidson, Borella & I took pictures. I will include them in this letter. I think they came out OK. What do you say?
I also have some postcards which I will send.
Sunday afternoon, Davidson & I went to play a little golf on the University golf course. Davidson was trying to teach me. I got a couple of good wallops that made me feel pretty good. But I think I will need a lot of practice.
Sunday nite I studied some more with one of the boys. We are restricted to the campus grounds all week. The only time we are allowed off is 1 hr. from 5:30 to 6:30 at night incase we want to pick up a few odds & ends & Sat nite & Sunday afternoon we can get off the University grounds. Sunday nite we have to stay in and study. Every nite except Sat. & Sunday we have to come to the Study Hall (where I am now) from 7:30 to 9 o'clock. Then we go back to the barracks & lights out at 10:30.
Today we were supposed to be interviewed to see how we made out etc. But they weren't ready for us so we have to go back tomorrow. Boy I hate to wait in suspense.
I hope I receive some mail tomorrow. I didn't receive any since I'm here.
How is everything home? Is everybody OK?
I will close now because I want to write on the postcards & pictures. Until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony




On the back of the picture above, it says, This came the best. Borella is in the middle. Davidson is at the end. You can get a slight glimpse of the hills in the background. Taken on the campus grounds. 8/1/43

No comments: