Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 69

P.F.C. Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" STAR Unit 3902
U. of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho

Date 8/11/43
Letter No. 69
Rec'd 105

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

There isn't too much to tell about what I am doing because the routine is the same each day. We go to classes in the morning (I am making out OK so far) (we had two quizzes so far and I got 79 & 80). In the afternoon we have military correspondence & then calisthenics & close order drill followed by a swell shower. In the night we have the study class ( where I am now writing this letter).
Monday nite after I got out of study hall & washed a few pieces of clothes & my shirt & pants. And Tuesday nite I ironed the shirt and pants. They didn't come out bad for an amateur.
Today I got a letter from Anita. She writes me about every nite. She's right on the beam. I also received an invitation for Elfrieda's wedding. What she sent one to me for I don't know.
Boy ma, did you hear from Joe D'Angelo? I didn't hear from him in quite awhile and was just wondering what's what. I hate to write to him until he writes to me because Davidson, Borella & myself feel that if there was anybody who should go to college, it was him. And if I wrote & told him we all made it I imagine it would hurt him a little even though nothing could have been done about it. I wish you would write to him ma & explain to him why I didn't write.
I feel if he heard it from you he wouldn't feel so bad. He's such a swell fellow. Boy when they shipped him they certainly took a part of me.
I bought a banner for Eleanor so she can hang it in her room. I will send it soon. I hope she likes it.
I hope Bob & Sis have a grand time on their vacation. If it was like last year I'm sure they will.
Boy Ele is certainly stepping out. Boy I would love to see you all again. I just pray every night I get someplace east. If it's far enough east ma
[y]be some of you can come & see me? Ma[y]be huh? I'm praying.
I'll include some pictures I had made. One of the fellows took them at McChord Field (Difranza is his name, he is in one of the pictures). Some were also taken here. I wrote on the back describing them. I hope you like them.
The weather here is still swell. I'm in the best of health. Hope you all are also. So until my next letter I remain,
Your Loving Soldier Boy
Love & Kisses
Tony

No comments: