Friday, August 13, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 70

P.F.C. Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" STAR Unit 3902
U. of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It is Fri. afternoon during study period & I decided to write a letter instead.
At mail call at noon time I received a picture of Anita. She had one made for me in the same studio I had mine made for you. I think I told you. It's 5 x 7 and is colored in oils. Ma you should see that picture. It's beautiful. She also had it in a glass frame. And the way she had it wrapped. First it had two pieces of cardboard on either side. Then she put it in a handkerchief box. Then she wrapped it with tissue paper with a green ribbon on it, with a big boy in the middle. That was wrapped in paper around that was 4 pieces of cardboard & that was wrapped with paper. So you can see how nervous I was until I got it open. She's swell ma.
I also got a nice letter from Elfrieda. She told me about her plans. She is going to live in Morristown N.J. after a two week honeymoon. I hope she's happy.
I am so glad that you all are so happy I made the grade. Your letters cheer me up so much ma. I'll try my best to pass and make you all happy.
The education I had certainly will come in handy. Tech certainly had the stuff.
Send Aunt Margaret my best regards and hope she gets better real soon.
It msut be telepathy again. I believe in my last letter I told you I still write to Helen Riley. I just got a letter from her too. And I also told you about Joe. Isn't that funny the way that always works out.
I also received your cute card ma. And it had such a pretty saying. xxxxxx and a million more.
The weather here is still swell. I hope it's nice weather back there.
How is grandma? And how is the garden & how is Frank? Did Grandma rent the flat yet?
I hope you are all in the best of health & tell Bob & Ann to drop me a line & let me know how Jersey's Breeze Knoll is. Ok. So until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy
Love & Kisses xxxx
Tony
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx

No comments: