Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele No. 72

P.F.C. Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" STAR Unit 3902
U. of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho

Date 8/18/43
Letter No. 72
Rec'd 108 & 109

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It is Wed. and right now there are about 1 million rumors (latrine rumors) floating around here as to where we are going to be shipped. One rumor was some of us were going to be shipped to the Washington State University just 9 miles from here. That was true alright but I wasn't on it but Borella was. They will go there tomorrow. The other rumor was that there was a shipment to go to Wheatland Illinois. But so far nothing came up. If I did get shipped to Washington State I could nave seen Anita. But I can't think about that anymore.
I received a letter from Anita last nite and in the letter she had a snapshot especially for you ma. She says "it will give your mother an idea of what I look like and I hope she won't be disappointed." She's so cute. I hope you like it ma.
It's too bad about Eddie's wife. I hope she will be alright. If they don't invite you to see the bride ma, I wouldn't bother with them anymore either. Gosh they're awful funny people. I'd like to know what they think about anyway.
You say Boby & Ele don't have their hearts in it when they practice on the piano. If they could only hear Anita play I think they would put more into it. She plays swell.
In the picture "They Came to Blow up America," they did get the story an idea from those Germans when they landed on L.I. I believe it's the same idea. They just carried it out a little more.
I don't have much time to read ma. And I believe once we get to a college we just aren't going to have any time.
The other day when I went out for calisthenics I got in a game of soccer (kicked a basketball around). And the next day my bones didn't feel so good. This so called army life makes you real soft. But I guess I'll get used to it.
The meals here are still swell. Today for dinner we had stew, corn, bread & butter, milk, cake, ice cream & fruit salad. That's a pretty good meal, don't you think so ma?
I hope Bob & Ann have a good time. I remember the last year we went. It rained on the day we left but it turned out to be a swell week.
I was just thinking ma. Maybe you could send Anita a couple of handkerchiefs or something & thank her for the picture. And you could write a short note telling her that you think she's a very nice girl from the picture & what I said about her etc. Anything you could say about her suits me ma, because I really like her ma, in fact more than any girl I ever did like. Let me know ma.
I will close now ma hoping you are all in the best of health & hoping I get some place east.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. Maybe Boby can help you write something to Anita. O.K.
Love
Tony

No comments: