Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 66

Pvt. Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" STAR Unit 3902
U. of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho

Dear 8/3/43
Letter No. 66
Rec'd ----

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

Well everybody I'm in. I passed my tests and today I had an interview & went before the board of 3 officers & I'm accepted. Isn't that swell. They will have classes here for refresher courses in math, physics & chemistry. We will attend these classes until we are called for shipment to a permanent college. I'm praying it's someplace east of the Mississippi. Then after the first 3 months I can get a week off and get home without any trouble. The course I am in is basic Engineering. If I make the first 3 months I go on to the second three months, etc.
One of the boys had some film left in his camera & we took a couple more pictures today. If they turn out OK I will send them on. How did you like the others I sent?
Gosh there isn't much to say because there isn't anything to do around the campus during the week. But as soon as we start our refresher course here, (which can last from 3 days on) we will also have some exercise in the afternoon. I think I will like that.
We have to leave the study hall in a few months so I shall close & try to write tomorrow.
So until then I hope you all are in the best of health. So until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. I am a buck Private again. But don't feel too bad. There is a master sgt. with us who is now a buck private also. After the course is over & we make the grade we will automatically get stripes. It's a good deal what do you say?
P.S. Borella & Davidson also made it. We will probably stick together for a long time yet.

No comments: