Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 75

8/26/43
Letter #75
Rec'd 112

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

If I stay here any longer I think I will stay her permanently. I have a funny suspicion that they may start a branch at this university. I guess I'll just have to wait & find out.
I got another hair cut today. I got a pretty good one this time. I had to go into town to get it.
I am picking up a lot math & chemistry & physics which I guess I will need.
We got a letter from Borella. He said it's pretty tough. You have to be on the ball all the time. Pants & shirts pressed at all times, shoes polished, etc. If you don't you get demerits. I guess I'll
[have] to keep on the beam.
I am so glad Barb & Ann had such a good time. The way our boys are going ma
[y]be I can look forward to it next year. Who knows.
I am glad you liked the picture of Anita. You could send it to me if you want. Aren't you going to send hankies or something like I said ma? Her address is Miss Anita Becker, 1114 N. Lawrence St., Tacoma (6), Washington.
When I was eating last nite a piece of my back tooth broke off. It's one of those teeth that the dentist at McChord filled. He was a bit rough. If it bothers me I will go to the dentist as soon as possible.
Last nite I had to press my pants & iron my shirt. (I washed it the night before, after study hall at night.) I
['m] getting to be pretty good at ironing.
I hope everybody is OK and in the best of health. Will close now.
Your Loving Solider Boy,
Tony

No comments: