Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 67

P.F.C. Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" STAR Unit 3902
U. of Idaho, Moscow, Idaho

Date 8/5/43
Letter No. 67
Rec'd ----

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It is now about 9:30 PM Thursday nite and I want to get a letter off before lights out at 10:30.
Today we started our refresher course and just now my head is going round & round. I'll have to do plenty of studying & I do mean studying. Our first class this morning was a study period, next we went to physics, then math & then chemistry. Being that this is a refresher course they just start from the beginning & shoot thru the book and then plenty of work to do trying to keep up with them. After those periods we had chow & then back to a class called military correspondence. After that we have calisthenics & close order drill for two hours. That brings us up to 5 o'clock in the afternoon. Then we take a shower, rush into town for a few min. to pick up some pictures (we had duplicates made) then we rush back to chow. After that we go to a study hall from 7:30 to 9 o'clock where we do our homework. I just got out of study hall now & that brings me up to where I started this letter. I am sorry if it's written in a hurry, because I want to get as much written as possible tonite.
Yesterday we had
[it] pretty easy because we were waiting to be assigned to classes & didn't have anything to do so I washed some clothes & ironed my shirt & then did some studying.
Last nite we had a little rain storm & it thundered. It started just as I went to bed about 10:30. It was the first time it rained since I'm here.
Boy it's swell to sleep here. It's nice & cool at nite & a nice cool breeze blows thru the room & you just fall asleep. I think it's the most comfortable I slept in the army.
I don't know whether I told you or not but I got a letter from Sonny & he is making out as an aviation cadet. He passed all his tests. He is at Helena, Ark. He sends his best regards.
I also received two letters from Anita Becker, the girls I started to tell you about in the other letter. Ma she seems like an awful swell girl. She's getting her picture made for me & she is getting my picture made from the studio I got the pictures made for you. She makes me feel swell. I really miss her. It's too bad I couldn't see her a little more. Well that's the way things go & I guess the war won't last forever, especially the way our boys are cleaning up on the other side.
I am in the best of health hope you are all in the best of health. And Ma how are you feeling? I hope I receive a letter from you tomorrow. I am just dying to get some word from home. Until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: