Monday, February 23, 2009

A Soldier's Prayer

Dear God: I can't pray and say
All the things I want to at the end of the day.
I know you're with me and you always will
But I'll try to pray until my lips are still.

Dear God: Bless my mother so good and true,
For she's been thru what I'll never go thru;
And now this war and I'm so far away,
That's why I kneel and try to pray.

Dear God: Help me to keep the vows I made,
For the sea of troubles and temptations I'll wade.
Give me the strength that my mother holds,
For her prayers will keep me within Thy folds.

Dear God: Bless my girl so pretty and sweet,
Guide and keep her till again we meet.
May our love stay as strong as when I went away;
Please Dear God: It's so hard to pray.

Dear God: Bless my home which we're fighting to keep,
Where I first meet you at my mother's feet.
My family is there and all that I own,
So, please dear God, bless my swell home.

Dear God: when this war is over and all is through
And this proud world bows to do homage to you
There'll be millions and millions who come to say:
Dear God: It's me--I've learned to pray.

No comments: