Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann, Ele, Letter No. 15

Pvt. Anthony J. Curcio Date 2-10-43
Flight "F" 360 T.S.S. Letter No. 15
Jefferson Barracks, MO. Rec'd 17 & card

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann, Ele,

How are you all? I am O.K. I'm getting used to this drill & calisthenics & obstacle courses. It seems to grow inside of you like anything will once you get used to it.
Today we drilled & did calisthenics as usual & as our obstacle course we had to hike up & down steep hills & I do mean steep. Boy it got you tired but after its all over you feel pretty good.
Tonight we are confined to our huts.
Tonight I also received a letter from Eleanor. Thanks, Ele. (You better get that march down pat, I'm beginning to like marches).
I got a beautiful card from Ann. Thanks Ann. And I do miss you all the same as you miss me you all know that. And I hope you & ma can come to see me.
It's too bad about Frank, but don't worry everything is going to be all right. I'll tell you why. Anybody which has high as spirits as him makes out O.K. It's never failed yet. Take my word for it.
Boy I'm waiting for those cookies. I hope they come in a hurry. Ann I will express my honest opinion of them when I taste them but I can almost smell them already. I know they will be good. Especially 1000 miles from home.
I really need that shoe polishing kit also. We shine shoes everyday. We also
[are] supposed to shave everyday also. Anything that looks a little dark they make it hard for you. Good training huh. I'm not kidding.
As for Edie coming home to work in spring, I don't think it's possible. I never heard anything like it. We'll just have to wait and see.
Boy it's good to hear my name called out on that mail list each day. You don't know what it does to you. I also got 2 from Ele today & Dot & Dave. Each a card & a letter.
Well I think that's all for now except that I think I wrote to everybody Sunday I forgot to tell you. I dropped a card to all our relations etc. Well so long for awhile hoping you all remain in the best of health.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. I almost fort the other day I got a letter from Joe. He is in Miami Beach, Fla. He is in the same sort of T.S.S. as I am. His dog tag No. is 32712132. My no. is 32712172. Isn't that a coincidence.

No comments: