Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann, Ele, Letter No. 22

Pvt. Anthony J. Curcio
Flight "A" 31 T.S.S.
U.S. Army
Jefferson Barracks

Date 2-24-43
Letter No. 22

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I wrote last night & today we just went thru regular drill.
I got a letter from Pat & Dave & one from Joe. Joe has the same training I have only that he lives in a hotel. I don't think I would like the hotel very much. I imagine after I got out of here I would. But going from a hotel into a place like this I don't think I would like it very much. After all we
are in the army.
I think I will take a shower & then turn in for a nice long sleep.
Remember I told you I went to that dance Sat. night? I told you I met that nice girl. Well her & her sister invited me out Sunday if I was still here, so If I am I'll get a pass & go there. I wouldn't go if I wasn't positive they were nice girls. You know me ma, I have a knack for picking out nice girls.
Say I hate to ask but I could use a few greenbacks. I've been picking up a few souvenirs & then if I go out there Sunday I would like a few on me even though I don't spend any.
I won't get my wash done until I get to a permanent camp. I am afraid I will be shipped & then it will be a lot of trouble till I get it back. For the same reason I'm not getting my clothes pressed.
In my hut now there are a couple of fellows who are going to take tests for aviation cadets. Also there are two college graduates waiting to be called for O.C.S. The rest are from the old flight & are from N.Y. They are all nice fellows & I get along very good with them.
I'm getting used to eating with the fellows at chow. I rush it a little but not enough not to enjoy it. But I still end up the last one.
Does Grandma like my letters? I can't say too much but as long as I write. I hope she is happy.
How do you feel with those pills ma? How are they affecting you?
You say Ele didn't say anything when she read my letter? Well I hope she was happy.
Well I think that's all for now. Well so long for a while hoping I hear from you tomorrow.

Your Soldier Boy, Lovingly
Tony

No comments: