Saturday, July 24, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 62

P.F.C. Anthony J. Curcio
1875 En. Avn. Bn. Co. H & S
McChord Field, Wash.

Date 7/24/43
Letter No. 62
Rec'd 100 & 101 Boy it certainly is getting high

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It is now 7:15 in the morning and I'd thought I would write a letter before I got to work. Today we work on the job. Yesterday we had to train.
Yesterday afternoon I went to the dentist. I had 4 cavities and he fixed them all up. I was in the chair about an hour. It just goes to show you that there isn't much work. When there is no money to pay you can get done awful fast. Isn't that right?
Yesterday afternoon (Thurs) we had our regular retreat parade as we do every Thursday. Boy I love a parade. And from the piece that Eleanor got out of "See Here-Private Hargrove," that's morale. I get a thrill when the band sounds off & the airplanes go zooming overhead. That's one thing I like. I am right guide also. The whole battalion has to guide on me! So I have to watch out I'm in line etc. You can ask Boby what right guide is o.k.
I got a letter from Frank the other day. It took over a month to get back to me. It was a swell letter. I answered him right away and wrote a nice long letter.
Wed. nite I saw "Coney Island." Is it in N.Y. now? I mean the picture (joke). It was pretty good.
Elfrieda wrote me a letter (well still writing to each other as usual) and she ask[ed] me my advice on sending you all an invitation. She thought it would offend you all. But that is silly. I'm sure. So if you would like to go let me know & I will tell her. O.K.
Do you think I should try to get my furlough to see Ele get married? It will come pretty close anyway I guess.
Just Davidson & I are in the tent. Borella was the one that went to the other outfit.
I think I will go to the U.S.O. tonite with Peggy. I'll let you know about it.
I hope you can ge the money to me as soon as possible Ma. But I don't expect it too soon anyway. But just in case.
I will close now we have to fall out in a couple of minutes. So until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: