Monday, July 19, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 61

P.F.C. Anthony J. Curcio
1875 En. Avn. Bn. Co. H & S
McChord Field, Wash.

Date 7/19/43
Letter No. 61
Rec'd 99

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

Before I start my report I have to get something off my chest. It happened yesterday at Spanaway Lake. Boy was it funny. Peggy & I went there & we were going for a canoe ride. But before we did we met Brono Borella & a fellow from the surveying squad I work with. Well anyway they got a canoe & Peggy & I got a canoe. We were paddling around & it came time to go in. So we had a little race to the dock. We were about 25 ft. from the dock when Brono & the other fellow lost balance & over they went. Well ma & all I had some laugh. The only thing I was worrying about was to take a good picture with my camera. I hope they turn out. But I felt so sorry for them, their newly pressed suits. Every time I think of it I have to laugh.
The pictures I took last Sunday turned out pretty good only they make me look so fat. I think I will have to get a new jacket. One which fits me a little better. What do you say?
We started our training today but one of the jobs is not finished yet so we had to go over to the job to survey. We have one day of training & one day on the job until its finished.
Joe D'Angelo lives in Queens. A very short distance from where we live. And when I get my furlough I won't hesitate to see his people. Boy do I miss home.
We had pretty good weather lately. In fact it's only rained a couple of days in quite awhile. Boy it's a swell state when the sun shines.
I didn't hear anything about my furlough yet. Gosh I will have so much to say. I just don't know where I would start.
I am a bit tired tonight ma from yesterday & today. I kept my shirt off on the job & got a bit of sun burn & it makes you feel sort of sleepy. I will close now hoping you are all in the best of health & very happy. So until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Solider Boy,
Tony

No comments: