Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 59

PFC Anthony J. Curcio
1875 En. Avn. Bn. Co. H & S
McChord Field, Wash.

Date 7/13/43
Letter No. 59
Rec'd 96/97/98

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It is Tuesday nite and I am still a bit tired from the weekend. But before I tell you all about that I will go thru the week like I usually do.
Thursday nite we went to the battalion dance and had a pretty good time, but not as good as the last one because they didn't have a jitterbug contest. But we had a pretty good time because we all know each other a lot better.
Friday nite we G.I. the tent & shoes etc. We do that every Friday nite for inspection on Sat.
Friday we also lost another one of our buddies. Bruno Borella was shipped to another outfit on the post. They needed certain type of men so he went. Boy we never get a real break.
Sat. we had a parade for our Major. We got a new one. And I hear the old major got tears in his eyes when we paraded before him. He was pretty good.
Sat. nite I had guard duty. We go on at 5 and get off at 5 Sunday nite. And luck ran with me because Peggy had to work on Sunday. She works for the telephone co. So I saw her Sunday nite. We went to the carousel again & had a nice time. Mon. nite I was so tired I went to bed very early. Ma[y]be I shouldn't have gone out after guard duty but it always works out ok.
Surveying is still the same & the same routine.
I hope you all had a nice time on Ele's birthday. I hope she liked my present. How did she enjoy the surprise, Ma?
The transfer I wrote about was final. I don't think I will be transferred.
Joe Cohn is still going to radio school I guess.
I really don't need anything, ma. I'm stocked up on everything just know.
I am so glad you were happy about my stripe. And thanks for the card you all sent me. The one where you all signed it and give a kiss for Grandma's signature. I always get a kick out of it when Grandma signs it.
And thanks for your card, Ma. That a swell way telling everything. xxxxxxxx
Thank Grandma for her card & stamp. I was just about out of stamps when they came.
Well I shall close now ma & try to write near the end of the week. So until then I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony
xxxxxxxx

P.S. I forgot Ele's letter. Please thank her for it.
P.S. The buddy that['s] left in my tent (Davidson) got his radio from home. It good to hear some of the programs & music again. It plays pretty good too.

No comments: