Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 58

PFC Anthony J. Curcio
1875 En. Avn. Bn. Co H & S
McChord Field, Wash.

Date 7/7/43
Letter No. 58
Rec'd 93 & 95

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It is Wed. nite and I am going to try to catch up with some of my mail. I certainly have quite a pile to write.
Remember I told you Peggy & I were going to do swimming Sunday? Well I couple of other couples cam along and we had a swell time. The girls brought lunch and we toasted weenies over the fire. We went swimming and in the night we went dancing. We couldn't get films for her camera so I took some quick snapshots with one of the fellows camera on the post. (We are not supposed to but we made sure there was nothing in them). The water was very warm but when we came out we almost froze to death. We [?] suits out there. We really had a swell day.
Monday nite I was so tired I went to bed real early.
Last nite I wen to the show with my buddy (Davidson) and saw "Wings Over the Pacific." It was [?]. It was double feature nite. They also showed "Two Tickets to London." That was pretty good.
In the surveying here there is nothing new. Same routine.
I got my shoes fixed at the post shoe maker (civilian shoes) and it cost me $1.50 for half soles. But it was a pretty good job. How much do they charge home?
I turn in my laundry over a week now so I have a steady supply of clean laundry without washing my own.
I am glad you all had a swell time at Grenes.' [?] I wish I could have been there.
So Eddie got married. Well well well. I never thought he would get married to tell you the truth. What is everybody getting married.
I got a box of cards from Ann yesterday. Thanks a lot Ann. I will give some to my friends and use them myself.
I also received the cutest card from Eleanor and a very very long letter. Boy I got a kick out of it. No kidding.
Tomorrow night we are going to have a battalion dance again. I will let you know about it.
I shall close now hoping everybody is in the best of health and very happy.
Your Loving Son & Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. This is a bit sloppily written because I am leaning on my bed. I hope you will forgive me?
Love, Tony

No comments: