Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 60

P.F.C. Anthony J. Curcio
1875 En. Avn. Bn. Co. H & S
McChord Field, Wash.

Date 7/15/43
Letter No. 60
Rec'd ---

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I am writing a short letter & try to answer one of your questions. It's about my furlough. The whole battalion & myself want a furlough. Quite a lot of us put in for furloughs and some got theirs already. Those who are in the longest will get theirs first and they will go down the line. I don't know when mine will come up although I assume it will be some time next month. But I don't know. It could come up in a week & ma
[y]be 3 months, I don't know. And if we start our training again they may stop furloughs until it's over. I don't know that either. But in case it should come up I would need some money. Soldiers round trip rate from here to N.Y. I think is $74 + meals. So would need about $100.
One of the cooks was notified last nite that he could leave on his furlough today. It's short notice and it was o.k. because he had the money on hand & I would like to do the same thing. I don't want to be stuck if my furlough should come up.
I don't want to build up your hopes too much on my coming home real soon because army orders change from hr. to hr. but I think my chances are 50/50 that I will get one some time next month. I'll keep you posted on how things progress.
I'll pray every nite it should come real soon. I guess the easiest way to send the money would be by money order. But ask Boby and see what she says.
Last nite I went to the U.S.O. dance and didn't have such a bad time but it was o.k.
I just heard a program on the radio from Mitchel Field, L.I., the Coca Cola program with Vincent Lopez & his orchestra. It made you feel so good when it comes some place near home.
I shall close now hoping you are all in the best of health & please pray everything goes all right I will be home next month.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: