Monday, January 31, 2011

Dear Ma. Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 109

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene ORE

1/31/44
Letter No. 109
Rec'd 166

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

Boy this term is certainly passing by. It's the beginning of the 8th week already. Only 5 more till the end of the term.
There were rumors a while ago that they were going to liquidate the A.S.T.P., and just recently there were plans to reduce the program. So I don't know what they are going to do about it. I just hope we are not dropped out. I really would like to complete this program.
I got my eye glasses Sat. and they feel pretty good. They rest my eyes better than the others do. Sat. night Tiny and I went up to the Oregon State College campus to see the basketball game between the U. of O. and O.S.C. It was a swell game. They had to play overtime and U. of O. won by 43-38. Right after the
[game] they had a dance which was pretty good only I think our orchestra is much better. Sunday afternoon we went to the show and saw "Destination Tokyo." It was a very good picture and enjoyed it very much. We [bought] film and we are going to take pictures whenever we get a chance. Probably next Sunday. We couldn't take them yesterday because the weather wasn't so good.
Gosh Ele in the seventh term already. It hardly seems believable. As long as she continues her studies it doesn't make any difference how young she is. Right?
As soon as you find the negatives you can get two sets made and send me a set. OK?
It's starting rain a bit again. I caught myself a slight cold. But I'll get rid of it like I do all the rest.
I hope everybody is OK and I'm glad grandma is OK. I'll close now wishing I hear from you more often ma. I don't get much mail now.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: