Monday, January 10, 2011

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 106

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene ORE

1/10/44
Letter No. 106
Rec'd 160, 161, 161

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I had another successful weekend. They had a formal dance in the gym (MacArthur Court) and I took Tiny and we had a swell time. She wore a rose colored formal this time. I think the looks good in just about everything she wears. Everything went swell during the evening but just before the night was over we had a little accident. We were walking home and we just got up to the sorority house when Tiny slipped on a piece of ice. (It frosts pretty easy around here there is so much humidity in the air). And she hurt her backside. All day Sunday she was limping around but it's getting better. As long as it isn't serious.
Sunday morning we went to church. In the afternoon we went to Gerlinger Hall and she played for me again.
I got a letter from Sonny (Fio) and he was commissioned 2nd Lieutenant. Boy was I happy to
[hear] that. He won't get his wings until he completes his flying hours but he's got his rating. It certainly made me feel happy.
I also received a letter from Frank and he said he received my V. letter on Christmas Day. I was glad to hear that. Everything seems to be going all right with him.
I was inducted into the army a year ago yesterday. Gosh it seems like ages.
I got pretty good marks in my tests in the first marking period. I got 80 in math, 84 in chem., 90 in physics, B in Geog., 90 in hist. and the rest I didn't find out yet.
I certainly got a laugh when you explain how you tried to give the dog a pill. Gosh it was funny.
I got a letter from Elfrieda today. She doesn't say too much as she is busy getting ready to move when her husband goes into service.
I got two letters from Sister. I am glad everybody liked all their presents so much. It really made me feel good.
I don't think I mentioned it but I got the card from Mrs. Hall telling me she was going to make the Novena for me. I want you to thank her ever so much.
I am glad Grandma is better only she shouldn't work so hard. You are right. She should take a rest until she is stronger. Send Grandma my love & kisses.
So you all had snow in N.Y. huh! We still didn't get any here. I am in the best of health and hope you all are also. Until my next letter I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: