Sunday, January 2, 2011

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 105

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene ORE

1/2/44
Letter No. 105
Rec'd 158

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

Well I started the New Year off right. Friday I went to confession (the priest came up to Gerlinger Hall) and Sat. morning before classes they had a mass at Gerlinger Hall and this morning I went to church again and received Holy Communion. We had to go to classes on Friday and Sat. as usual so Friday night (New Years Eve) I was in bed by 10:30. I'm glad though because I don't like New Years anyway. I didn't mind it but some of the others fellows didn't like is so much.
They had a wonderful meal over here on New Years Day. They put white table cloths on the tables with candles on each table and put out all the lights and only the candles were lit and the Christmas tree and boy it looked nice. They also had a swell meal. Chicken, peas, filling, sweet potatoes, pie, ice cream, milk & coffee, bread & butter. It was really very good.
I received Ele's picture and boy was I surprised. She looks so much older and beautiful. I just kept staring at the picture. Boy it's swell. Thanks a lot Ele.
And I received a letter from Boby with the money order. Thanks a lot Bob it always comes in handy.
I'm glad you all liked the presents. I thought you all would. And what is this about a dog. After all these years you all get a dog. Well I want to know one thing are you going to keep him? And what is his name?
I hope Grandma is over her cold. Send Grandma my best love & kisses. And I'm glad Grandma liked the present.
I have a few post cards of the State Capitol building at Salem and will put them in a separate envelope. I also have a patch that I told you about. I will include that with the post cards.
I forgot to tell you about those pictures we took that time. They didn't turn out good at all and it wouldn't be worth sending them home. Only two came out and they were awful.
You say I received a card from Ann. If you send me her address I will drop her a line OK.
We still don't wear our overcoats. The weather is still mild. We had a little rain over the weekend.
I'll close now hoping you are all in the best of health and very happy in the New Year. Until then I remain,
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: