Monday, February 7, 2011

Dear Ma. Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 110

U. of O.
Letter No. 110
Rec'd 168
2/7/44

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

First I will explain why I am writing on this paper. I am in Study Hall and haven't my regular paper with me. We aren't supposed to write letters in study class but during the supper hour I was over at the sorority house. Tiny is sick. Yesterday she had pains in her stomach and they called the doctor and he said it was an attack of appendicitis, but she thinks it's intestinal flu. She feels better today but she still feels it. I hope she gets better in a hurry. I certainly miss her an awful lot. You see I didn't see her over the week and as she was restricted for the weekend and wasn't allowed to have any dates. The reason was that we got in too late last weekend. We missed the first bus & took the second back to Eugene from Corvallis last week. It was alright with the house mother, but the house council didn't like it. I went to the show last night and saw "Best Foot Forward." I didn't know she was sick until I saw one of the girls from the house this morning. I'll let you know how she is getting along.
Do you remember how tight my blouse was. Well I turned it in for another one and it fits me pretty good. At least I can breathe now.
I sent a few presents home for you and Grandma and the girls. I hope you all like them. I bought a bandanna for Eleanor. (It's really a baby's blanket but I believe it's appropriate. One of the girls suggested it.) I also bought an insignia and Tiny made a swell job of sewing it on for me. I didn't sent it yet but I will soon.
Remember those tests we took during the Gym period. Push ups, running, etc. well all the A.S.T.P. units all over the country took them and out of 47 colleges, we came out on top. Pretty good, huh!
My subjects are coming along pretty good. Before I know it finals will be here again and boy will they be tough.
It's been raining pretty much so around here. We never did get any snow.
I'll close now hoping you all are in the best of health. Send Grandma my love & kisses.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. I did think the glasses were a bit due, but this is Oregon, but they do help my eyes an awful lot.


No comments: