Monday, November 29, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 100

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene ORE

11/29/43
Letter No. 100
Rec'd 149-150

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I'm still recuperating from those G.I. Tests we had. Boy were they tough. But it ain't over yet. We still get tests from the University. I'll let you know how I make out as soon as I get the results.
Last Thursday (Thanksgiving) we had a good turkey dinner. We didn't have to go to study that night. They gave a dance from 7 o'clock to 10:15 it was pretty good. The only trouble we still had to be in bed by 10:30.
We had a pretty nice weekend as usual. We went to the show Sat. night and saw "Let's Face It" with Bob Hope. Boy it certainly was funny. It had us in stitches all during the show.
Sunday morning we went to church and for dinner Tiny invited me over to eat at the sorority house. There were other fellows there but I still felt kind of funny with all those girls there. It wouldn't have been so bad, but Tiny is president and she sits at the head of the table and I had to sit next to her. But I survived. It was a lot of fun. In the afternoon we went to get a Christmas tree for the house. It was a pretty nice one too. Sunday night we went to Gerlinger Hall again.
I think it would be a good idea to send D'Angelo a package ma. He deserves it.
I am glad the dinner was so good ma. I'll never be satisfied until I see one of those delicious chickens in front of me. But I won't squawk ma.
The weather is still pretty good and we didn't have any snow as yet. It won't be long tho.
I got your sweet card also ma. Thanks.
I hope he comes and fixes Grandma's roof before it's too late. What you say is right. There is a time limit.
Give Grandma my love and kisses and I'll close now hoping everybody is in the best of health and hoping you all are happy.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: