Friday, November 5, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 96

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene

Date 11/5/43
Letter No. 96
Rec'd --

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I start this letter now but I won't be able to finish it. It is Friday night and believe it or not we didn't have any rain today--yet!
I got my algebra test back that we had last Sat. (the two hr. one). I got 143 our of 210 pts. I feel I could have did better but the average was 119 so I feel I did all right. Today we had another History test and I believe I made out pretty good. I'll let you know.
I wrote Grandma a letter and mailed it yesterday and I got it back today because I forgot to put the stamp on it. So apologize for me. OK.
It's Monday morning now. I like to write on Monday anyway because then I can tell you all about the weekend. And it was a swell weekend too. Sat. night Marjorie Lawrence was at the gym and sang. She's the noted opera star and boy she was good. Last year she was stricken with paralysis and she has to move around in a wheelchair. But it doesn't seem to handicap her singing any.
Tiny belongs to her Phi Beta arts club. Only those that have real ability can join. Well Marjorie Lawrence joined their chapter and Tiny got the honors for presenting Marjorie Lawrence with the honors. She certainly got a thrill out of it. They had a little ceremony at one of the hotels and only the members were allowed. I would have liked to see it. Sunday morning Tiny & I went to church.
In the afternoon we went to vespers they had on the campus for all students. At night we went to see one of Tiny's roommates at the hospital. She is having her appendix out. All in all we had a swell time.
Sunday morning it really looked beautiful around here. The dew on all the grass and roofs froze and then the sun came up and it sparkled just like if it was water. Boy it looks swell.
This week we have four more tests again. Gosh they pop up one after another. I'll have to study real hard for these. They are getting harder all the time.
I was just thinking when you send me the socks and stuff you could put my Bulova watch in and insure the package. I certainly use a watch, ma. I really miss one around here. Everything is on the time schedule. OK.
I feel fine ma and I hope you all do too. I will try to write as soon as possible again. Give Grandma my love & kisses.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: