Monday, November 22, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 99

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene ORE

11/22/43
Letter No. 99
Rec'd 146, 147

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It's Monday night & I got excused from mail call so I could go and get a haircut so I may not finish tonight. I'll try my best tho.
The term is drawing to a close and the heat is certainly on. On this Friday & Sat (26-27) we are going to have our final tests (G.I. tests and they ain't no [?]) 2 1/2 hrs. a piece, one after another. It's going to be tough but I'll pull out of it all right.
Tiny & I had a pretty good time this weekend again. Sat. afternoon they had a football game and although we lost it was a good game. I'll include a clipping. Sat. night all the sorority houses gave dances. Tiny's house gave a circus dance and they all got dressed up and they had bails of hay on the floor and it was fixed up real nice. We had a swell time.
Sunday morning we went to church. In the afternoon the co. band had a program of music and entertainment and it was really good. And Sunday night we went to our usually spent at Gerlinger Hall and Tiny played for me again.
More fellows left today because they flunked out. When we studied at the beginning of the term we had 27 in our section and now there are only 12 left.
I sent Boby a little present for her birthday. I hope she likes it.
My roommate's name is Tony Cruick (?). He's from Chicago. He's a swell fellow.
You asked me if I need anything. I could use a couple of sets of underwear. Try to get under T-shirts and jockey shorts. O.K. As for shirts I could use some if you get the right kind of khaki shirt. I take 15-33. Thanks, ma.
I feel fine ma and I hope you all feel the same. I am glad everything is working out Ok with Grandma's house. You tell Grandma I went to church Sunday and give her my love & kisses.
I got a letter from Bruno & he is making out O.K. I'm glad he is because he deserves it.
I also got a letter from Elfrieda and she is going back home again because her husband is leaving for the Navy. It's too bad it couldn't last a little longer. (I may have told you that already).
The weather is surprisingly good yet. It amazes everyone around here.
I'll close now and say a little prayer for me that I pass my tests O.K. Until my next letter
I remain Your Loving Soldier Boy
Tony

No comments: