Monday, November 15, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 97

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene
ORE
11/15/43
Letter No. 97
Rec'd 145

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It's Monday afternoon right before chow and have a few minutes to spare. The weather has been exceptionally good and I really am surprised. Sunday afternoon Tiny and I went for hike & climbed up on the hills next to the University and from there you can see the whole town of Eugene & the Willamette River which flows right next to Eugene. It's really beautiful.
We went up to Gerlinger Hall again & she played for me. It seems to be a habit (a nice habit).
Starting today I am in charge of Quarters. I have to give the report to the orderly room that everyone is in bed on my floor. Everyone gets a turn.
I passed my history & trigonometry tests and Chemistry too. I'll let you know about the rest when I get them.
I received 3 letters today. One from Ma, Ele & Elfrieda.
Elfrieda is moving back home again as her husband is going into the Navy. Otherwise things are OK.
The mail around here doesn't come regular. I usually get them in batches.
That tooth never bothered me ma, so I didn't bother with it. Leave well enough alone. Right?
I hope Sister feels alright. Is she sick like when I was home or is she just have a bad cold? Let me know.
I guess it would be a good idea to put my clothes in
[?]. Anything you say ma.
I was hoping Grandma wouldn't have any trouble with the house. It makes me feel bad because she has to take care of everything herself.
I am glad Ele is making out OK with her school work. She got to keep at it
[?] that piano too. I know now what it means to hear good playing and that's just the way I want Ele to play.
I forgot to tell you that Tiny & I ate the jam and crackers and boy was it good and Tiny liked it an awful lot you could see that. We about finished the jar.
Sat. I bought a garrison cap and a belt. Everybody has the garrison cap so I thought I would get one too. It looks real neat.
Ma, try to get me a list of what everybody would like for Christmas & I'll see whether I can get it here, OK. I need a few ideas to get started. I'll close now hoping everybody is with the best of health & give Grandma my love & kisses.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. I found a clipping of the beaver I told you about. Oregon State didn't come & get it yet.

No comments: