Friday, April 24, 2009

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele, Letter No. 42

Pvt. Anthony J. Curcio
1875 En. Avn. Bn. Co. H & S
McChord Field, Wash.

Date 4-24-43
Letter No. 42
Rec'd 57-58-59

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

This is the first chance I got to write. I try to get off a letter a nite & I wanted to wait 'til Sat. nite to write to you ma, because I want to be able to write tomorrow as we are going on a picnic & I did want to tell you the news of the week. We weren't so sure of the picnic so I didn't know whether we were going until tonight. I will tell you all about it next week.
I wrote last Sun. & as yet didn't receive a letter in answer to the ques. in that letter. I mean about whether I should write to just Grandma or not. I got another letter from Aunt Anna & she ends off by saying "Thinking of you constantly: Write soon again, Grandma & Aunt Ann. Mostly Aunt Anna" I don't like it. So please ans. my questions in the other letter.
During the week we have the same routine, calesthencis & lectures on different topics. But we don't have much time for ourselves during the day. All during the day we just have about 10 minute breaks between lectures etc. And now we have calesthenics twice a day. In the morning & right before we go to chow at night. It's pretty good only I would ike to have more time for myself.
Tues. I had K.P. again. I was on the beam that day so things went pretty good & the day didn't seem so long. As long as you keep busy it's O.K.
Wed. nite I went to the show with the boys & saw "The Sun is Down." It was a proper Gander picture but it was pretty good.
Thurs. nite I wrote a letter to Ele.
Friday nite (last nite) I wanted to write a letter to you but I was so busy getting ready for inspection I bearly got everything done. I had to polish my shoes, sew my braid on my hat, get equipment on the bed in a certain way for inspection by the sargeant, take a shower & shave. I was really rushing.
Today we had inspection by the major & he didn't like the way the clothes were laid out because some wasn't marked. So we had to stay in all afternoon & we had another inspection tonight. I'm glad that's over.
You ask me whether my uniforms fit me. Well half of them are pretty tight fit. But I manage all right. If they get too tight I will get new ones.
I received your candy yesterday. Thank Grandma & you too ma. I certainly got a lot of candy to keep me going for a while. But I still didn't receive the other package with the socks in it. I wonder where that is? I think that's a very good idea about the money in the pouch Elfrieda gave me. Thank Grandma & give her a big kiss for me, will you ma.
My buddy was tickled pink over the candy. He thanks you an awful lot.
Elfrieda said she had another wonderful time last Sunday. And she certainly liked the corsage. Elfrieda says she also got a bit knocked out doing her shopping. I guess all the women have the same trouble each year.
Say ma one of the fellows here has a camera but he can't get films. Would you try to get some rolls. The no is AGFA PB 20. O.K.
So everything is all right with Clifford's wife. I am glad to hear that.
Well I believe that's about all for now. I hope you had a very happy Easter & I hope you are all in the best of health.
I will try to write early next week. So until them I remain.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. I also received the shoes (track shoes) - thanks.

No comments: