Friday, July 26, 2013

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 139

7/26/44
Wed. Night
#139
Rec'd 204

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I received your swell letter yesterday.  I just can't wait til mail call comes each day.  It seems so long from one day til the next.
Since Sunday we have been out on the field most of the time.  I'm on guard duty tonight.  I was lucky not to get guard duty since I'm back.  I really don't know how they missed me so long.  
I believe beginning next month we will work 7 days a week for some sort of training.  I'll know more about that in a few days as the end of the month is Monday.
Helen writes me about every other day.  Not short letters like Tiny's either.  She is a swell sincere girl ma.  She went on a vacation and took a lot of pictures and she sends a few in each letter.  I'll enclose a few pictures and you can send them back after you all look at them.  Say ma what about making a few handkerchiefs?  This will be the last batch I promise you ma.  That sounds funny doesn't it?
Thanks for sending me the money ma.  You don't know how handy it came in as I was practically out of money.  I can't thank you too much ma.  When I send money home you can take it out.
I am so glad the baby likes her job.  Remember when I brought my first check in ma?  From Fairchilds.  I believe it was $26 and a few odd cents.  I was so proud & can see how the baby felt.
I am glad Grandma is getting better and I guess your next letter will tell me she is alright.  Give Grandma my love & kisses.  OK ma.
I didn't hear from Elfrieda since that explosion occured.  I hope she is all right.  I'll let you know as soon as I hear from her.  I am also glad Al's mother finally got a letter.  Is he expected home pretty soon?  And how about Henry?  I never did find the wisdom tooth ma.  I'm sorry.
Take good care of yourself ma and write soon again.  Remember I wait impatiently for your letters.  Until my next letter I remain

Your Loving Soldier Boy
Tony

No comments: