Monday, April 23, 2012

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 122

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. B - 22 Tank Bn. A.P.O. 261
Camp Cooke, Calif.
 

4/23/44 
Letter No. 122
Rec'd  4/18/44

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,


It is Sunday night and I just got off an easy day of K.P.  Sunday is always easy.  I received your letter of April 18 and it took about 4 days to get there.  I thought it was pretty good.  I am glad my mail gets there that fast too.
Don't forget to let me know what Dr. Trombly [?] says.  I am very anxious to hear.  I am glad you got out to the show.  Try to get outdoors as much as possible.
Last week Tiny was busy and couldn't write but I thought there was something wrong so I sent her a telegram like I did you.  But she was all right.  I guess maybe I jumped to too many conclusions in a hurry.  Huh?  She is making out ok.  I am glad you all are writing to each other.  It makes me feel happy.  Tiny said she was more than pleased with your letters and enjoys writing to you.  I hope you both continue, and Barb too?
I just can't wait to till mail call comes everyday so I can receive your letter ma and I feel so relieved when I receive them.  I think they are really swell ma.
As for my birthday ma there is really nothing I need.  If you want to give me money you can start a bank account for me. Also one that you can draw on too if that is possible and then in case you should need it you can get it readily.  Tiny is also going to save some for me.  We made that little agreement before I left the University.  I think it's a good idea, don't you?  I will be able to send some money home again now that I am at a camp like I did when I was at McChord Field.
We haven't did too much with the tanks since my last letter but I found out that there is a lot of work to be done on them.  But I like to work on them.
I am glad Grandma is alright and I am glad she went to the show also.  So Grandma having any trouble with the house?
As soon as I get a little time I will send home my tooth.  That sounds funny.  Doesn't it?
The weather is a bit misty out today but the sun is usually out.  I guess the only thing you can get here is windburn although this past week we felt the sun a little bit.
I'll write soon again as soon as I get a chance.  Hope everybody is in the best of health.  Give Grandma my love and kisses.

Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S.  Feo is at Westover Field Mass.  He is getting his crew and will go over pretty soon.  I will enclose a picture of him.  Then you can send it back.

No comments: