Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 121

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. B - 22 Tank Bn. A.P.O. 261
Camp Cooke, Calif.
 

4/19/44 
Letter No. 121
Rec'd  2 letters not numbered

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,


I finally got a chance to write letters so here I am at the Service Club.  I was all set to write a letter last night but they told me I had to make up a little work that the other boys had already.  Well that's the army.
I got two letters and they are really swell.  (I hope you put numbers on the next one ma).  It will be swell if Frank can come home in 6 months but don't count on it.  If he does come home I don't think I would have any trouble to be there for the wedding.  I think it's a perfect idea.  In fact there is nothing I would want to see more than to see Ann & Frank get married.  But as I said before don't count too much on it.  You remember last time when you thought he would be home for his birthday.  Remember it's still the armed forces.
I got a slight cold but I cam getting rid of it.  I put that old favorite "Vicks Vaporub" on and it works like a charm.
Monday we went out in the tanks on a problem and I enjoyed it an awful lot.  I like to be outside all day, and Monday it wasn't so breeze and we felt the sun for a change, and believe me it feels good.
On Tues. we took the tanks out and got more driving lessons and the more we drive them the more I like them.  And when we drive in different formations we get commands over the headphones.  And I get such a kick out of it.  It's really swell.
The weather was a bit [?] today although it didn't rain.
I sent the package out ma so it shouldn't be long before you get it and I hope you like it.  I thought it was so cute.
I am going to send my watch home in a little while because I don't want to break it.  That is not a watch for this sort of work.  I almost broke it a few times already.  So to play safe I'll send it home.  When you sent it to me how much did you insure it for?
How is everybody making out?  Tell Ele she can let me know how the Dodgers are making out from time to time.  I don't look at the paper too much and the sports page isn't too good either.  OK.
Take care of yourself now, ma, and write as often as you can even if it is only about a new gold fish or something.  As long as it's from you ma that's all that matters.  I'll write soon again.

Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S.  Ann, I gave most of the cards away and all the fellows just raved about them.  They all thought they were so keen.
T.

No comments: