Thursday, April 12, 2012

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 119

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. B - 22 Tank Bn. A.P.O. 261
Camp Cooke, Calif.
 

4/12/44
Letter No. 119
Rec'd

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,


I wish I would get a letter telling how you are Ma.  I guess I'll get a letter real soon but I am waiting impatiently.  No doubt you are 100% better but I just want to see it in writing because I know it will make me feel so much better.
I had K.P. yesterday and it wasn't at all bad.  I got off at 7 o'clock.  You just had to take your time and part of the time we didn't have anything to do.  All in all it was pretty easy.
Last night my wisdom tooth ached so I went on sick call this morning and I have to report back this afternoon and he is going to pull it.  They say the wisdom teeth aren't of any use anyway.  When I continue to write again, I mean later in the day, I will tell you how I made out.  It is just about time for chow at 12 noon so I'll sign off till later on in the day.
It is now right before chow again (5 PM) and I got my tooth pulled.  It didn't hurt but it is still bleeding a little.  I guess it will be alright.
I wanted to write a lot more but we are going on a night march which will take till about 10 o'clock at least.  So I'll continue this letter tomorrow if I don't get a chance after we come back.
I got one card today and guess who it was from?  OK.  Gosh you knew it all the time.  It was from you Ma & the saying inside was really swell.  Thanks mom.  So long until tomorrow

Love
Tony  


4/13/44 Thurs.

I'll continue where I left off last night.  We went on a night problem last night and it wasn't a road march after all.  It was pretty easy.  All we had to do was set up a position and just wait until another company located us.  We were taken out in trucks to different points.  While we were waiting we talked & the lieutenant told us different experiences of his.  I got a kick out of the whole thing.  When we got back about 10:15 PM we had coffee & cake in the mess hall.  Then I took a shower and had a good night's sleep.  My tooth cavity (where the tooth was pulled out) is OK and doesn't bother me a bit and feels fine.  I'm glad I got it out.  I asked the dentist for the tooth.  If you want it I will send it home.  Let me know.
Today we were out on the field all day.  We all got a chance to drive the tanks.  As Ma it's OK.  I like it.  When you mention tanks it doesn't sound so good.  I know Ma but in a way I'm glad I got in this outfit because--remember Ma we are protected by armor plate Ma.  Not out in the open.  That's an important factor.  So Ma whenever you see a tank be proud of it and say my son is in a tank battalion.  Remember that Ma.
I bet you're even better than ever today.  Right.  I thought so.  Just keep on taking good care of yourself Ma and take it easy.  Is Ann staying [in the] house for a while yet?  How is everybody and what's new?  I didn't receive a letter yet.  I hope I get one tomorrow.  I'll write you again so until then best of health and happiness to everybody.  Let me know how Grandma is.  OK.

Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony
 

No comments: