Sunday, December 19, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 103

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene ORE

12/19/43
Letter No. 103
Rec'd ---

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It is Sunday afternoon and Christmas is drawing close. For the Christmas holidays we will get Fri., Sat. & Sun. off. Tiny went home, to Salem, Thurs. Dec. 16 and has off until the 28. Her parents invited me up to their home for the holidays. They have a very large house in Salem. And it's only 70 miles to Salem from Eugene so that's where I will spend the holidays. Don't you think that's nice of them ma? Tiny's brother is a 1st lieutenant and he is going overseas on a special mission so he won't be home for Christmas so I guess it will serve more than one purpose. It will make me feel better eating with a family and it will make them feel better knowing we are all fighting for the same cause on this Christmas. Say ma, why don't you invite one of the service men up for Christmas. Wouldn't that be a good idea.
Tiny's father is a civil engineer so I guess I should get along with him alright. I hope I can use correct english at all times. I'll let you know how I make out?
I hope you got a Christmas tree ma, and I want you to tell me about how you fixed it up and what you all do Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. OK?
I received your Christmas package and it was coming apart a bit. The next time you send me something I think you better wrap it a little more secure because it travels a long way. I took the package out of the box because the box was breaking. I put my watch on and it keeps perfect time. I think I can guess what the rest are and I want to thank you all a million times. I see Grandma got a present in too. And if I know Grandma, I think I know what it is. She's so sweet. I hope Grandma is alright now. Let me know real soon. OK?
I hope my package got there alright. Let me know as soon as you receive it. I send sister a birthday card and present. I was just thinking tho, that maybe she wouldn't receive it in time for her birthday. I should have sent it sooner. But if it doesn't get there in time you tell her that I am sorry but it's on its way. OK.
I got my marks. I got a B in Math, B in Physics, B in Chem., D in Eng., C+ in Speech, D in Hist., D+ in Geography, A in P.E., C in the Military. If you notice Math, Chem, & Physics count the most. It's above average.
I'll close now hoping you are all in the best of health and that you all have a MERRY CHRISTMAS and I hope you all like the presents. I know I will like mine & so until then I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. Don't forget to give Grandma a big kiss for me on Christmas, ma.

No comments: