Thursday, October 7, 2010

Dear Helen

Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O.
EUGENE
10/7/43

Dear Helen,

I hope you don't think I'm kidnapped or something but last week we just about got a test in every subject we got and it certainly kept me busy. We study 10 1/2 hrs. a day instead of 10 also so...but I am so certain you'll understand that I don't think I will go any further.
I am making out pretty good in math, physics, chem., but Eng. Hist. and Geog. make me a bit worried sometimes. But I guess I'll pull thru somehow or another.
We were also tested by the major in drilling a platoon and altho we were a bit nervous I made out pretty good.
I'll include a few clippings from the U. paper to give you an idea of what's going on. I did lose my stripes but so did everybody also. Sgts. etc. are all privates now.
I wish I could write a lot more but time is so short for us around here. I got 20 letters in my draw that I didn't answer, but your one of the first I am answering because just love receive letters from you.
We have to fall out in a few minutes so i will close now but please write soon. I'll try to write more next time. I hope you and your family are in the best of health. Until then
I remain sincerely
as ever
Tony

No comments: