Monday, October 18, 2010

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 93

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. "A" A.S.T.U. 3920
U. of O. Eugene

Date 10/18/43
Letter No. 93
Rec'd 131, 132

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

It seems like ages since I wrote. I can't write to anybody. I just wrote 3 letters last week. Well I had a swell weekend. I spent all of it with Tiny. The girl I met last Sat. at open house. She's the most intelligent girl I ever talked to. She's a Junior at the University and she majors in Music. And boy can she play the piano. She plays over the broadcasting system at the U. sometimes and when she was in L.A. she played in the philharmonic. She's got quite a background. Sometimes I wonder how I get along with her, she's got so much brains. But we had a swell time at any rate.
They had another dance in the gym and the band was swell. Sat. afternoon our football team played a navy team at the stadium and although it was a good game we lost 25-6. It was a lot of fun tho.
Sunday afternoon we went canoeing and took some pictures. I'll send them home if they turn out. At night we bowled two games. She's so small she could barely lift the ball up--no less roll it down the alley, but she got a grand total of 68.
We are starting tests again: Today we had a history test. I think I made out O.K. in it. Tomorrow is English, Wed. Geog., Thurs. Military Law, & Fri. Physics. It's going to be another tough week.
A.S.T.U. means Army Specialized Training Unit. I was almost positive I told you ma.
My cold is all gone and I feel fine.
Ronald Hemenway and 50 others are leaving this week because they didn't make out so good in there subjects.
Give Grandma my love and I hope you are all in the best of health.
I'll try to write as soon as I can.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. I'll wait awhile with the papers. I can't get down to mail them as yet.

No comments: