Monday, June 15, 2009

Dear Ma No. 53

Pvt. Anthony J. Curcio
1875 En. Avn. Bn. Co. H & S
McChord Field, Wash.

Date 6/15/43
Letter No. 53

Dear Ma,

This is just a note to let you know that I sent a package to you containing 3 presents. One is a necklace for Grandma. How it's not my sound judgment. In other words I wouldn't get it for Grandma if I could have gotten something else. Stores in Tacoma close at 6 & therefore it's impossible to get something outside of camp. I had to get it in the PX and that's the nearest I could get. Now if you don't think Grandma would like it (and I think you may)
buy something for Grandma for me as long as you make Grandma happy. I am awful sorry I couldn't get something else, but we are limited to the PX. Please tell Grandma OK. Please let me know what you do.
One is for Ele. It's a cross I bought at the PX and surprise here, by giving it to her on her birthday. OK.
One is for Pa for Father's Day. It's a pack to hold cigarettes.
This is not a report from your soldier boy but just a note to let you know I sent the package.
I will let you know about everything & how things are going in my next letter.

So until then I remain,
Your loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. How did you like the picture?

No comments: