Thursday, June 21, 2012

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele

6/21/44

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

Well it won't be long now.  I leave tomorrow night (Thurs. night) and I should arrive in N.Y. probably late Tues. morning.  I am taking the Southern Pacific through St. Louis.  I took the Union Pacific last time so I don't know what time I will arrive in N.Y.  So don't have anybody come down to meet me.  How did you like the surprise I told you about in my last letter?  Yes I'm sending myself home.  I didn't want to tell you all until I was absolutely sure.  The same for Grandma.  Won't it be swell.  I'll be home for Grandma's birthday & also 4th of July and we can celebrate Ele's birthday early.  How's that?
Don't get excited Ma and if I arrive home any different time than Tues. I'll wire you & let you know.
So until then I remain
Your Loving Soldier Boy
Tony

"I'll be Seeing you All"

No comments: