Monday, June 18, 2012

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 134


6/18/44 
Letter No. 134
Rec'd  198-199

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,


Received your letters and as usual was so happy to read them.  I was certainly surprised to hear one of my letters got there in 2 days.  That is very unusual you know.
I stayed in camp last night and wrote a few letters trying to catch up a bit.
This morning I went to church.  8 o'clock mass, and then I played a little baseball until chow time.
During the week I received a box of marshmallow fudge from Mable, the Sec. at John Thatcher's.  They were very good.  I believe she made them herself but as yet I didn't hear from her.
The weather here has been pretty good.  The sun right now is shining real bright and yet it is so cool & comfortable.  
Hope Ann has a nice time at Northport.  Ele certainly must look cute in her senior hat.  She shouldn't worry too much about her tests.  She will pass them.  At least she better pass them.
I just found out that yesterday was Father's Day.  I'll find something as soon as possible and send it along.  
I didn't hear anything from the interview as yet.  I'll let you know as soon as I do.
Fri. night I went to the show and saw "Double Indemnity" with Fred MacMurray and Barbara Stanwyck & Edward G. Robinson.  It was very good.
Next Fri. Sat. & Sun they are going to have a religious retreat at La Purisima Mission which I am going to.  I'll let you know all about it next week.  I'll include a couple of clippings for your scrapbook.
I have guard duty tonight.  I go on at 5 o'clock.
I am in the best of health and very happy.  I have a surprise for you but I can't send it as yet.  I'll try to send it as soon as possible.
Take care of yourself and give my love to all the family & Grandma.
Your Loving Soldier Boy
Tony  

No comments: