Monday, May 14, 2012

Dear Mom, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 127

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. B - 22 Tank Bn. A.P.O. 261
Camp Cooke, Calif.
 

5/14/44 
Letter No. 127
Rec'd  188, 189, 190

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,


 We were pretty busy all week and didn't have much time and I was lucky to get off yesterday and today as most of the company was gigged for not having their patches sewed on.  But I did.  So I came to Santa Monica and brought my stationary with me.  Last night I went to confession as I thought the least I could do was receive Holy Communion on Mothers Day.  So this morning I received Communion at the Saint Mary's Church I told you about.  In the camp newspaper, I cut out a clipping which expresses my thoughts quite well so I am enclosing it.
Last night I went to the show and saw "The Uninvited" with Ray Milland & Ruth Hussey and boy was that good.  Don't miss it.  It was like the "Suspense" stories only more so.
I got to the show one time during the week also & saw "Once Upon a Time."  It was a bit fantastic but pretty good. 
I also am enclosing a clipping about Sgt. Steve Peck.  He's in our co. and a swell guy.  He used to pitch for the New York Yankees.  I believe I heard of him when he did play for the Yankees but I didn't follow them too close like I did the Dodgers.  You know.
You mentioned about Grandma receiving the pillow top I sent you from Hollywood.  That was your Mother's Day present.  Didn't you receive it?
I received a swell letter from Frank and I think he must be in a nice place if he sent Ann a 20 page letter.  I think you are right by assuming that ma. 
I didn't hear from Fio yet/
My bank book is in the top left hand drawer but I am almost positive I haven't any interest coming.  But you can check it.
I hope he can fix my watch.  I guess I waited just a little too long to send it home.  Well as long as it won't get any worse it's OK.  What do you think about the waterproof watch?
I am glad you are feeling well ma and with Grandma's cooking you should be in the pink in no time at all.  Try to spend as much time with Grandma as possible.
Tiny is in the best of health.  Did she write you again?  And did she write to Barb?
I'll write again soon and I hope I get time during the week.  Until them best of health and happiness to all.  
Your Loving Solider Boy,
Tony

P.S. Read the letter & clipping to Grandma.



No comments: