Friday, May 4, 2012

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 125

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. B - 22 Tank Bn. A.P.O. 261
Camp Cooke, Calif.
 

5/4/44 
Letter No. 125
Rec'd  2 marked 187

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,


This is the first free night all week so I am going to try to catch up a little on my mail situation.
I am glad everybody is in the best of health and feeling fine.  Your letters are swell mom.  I really enjoy them an awful lot.  How do the vitamin pills work?  I was thinking maybe I should take some.  
It is really a shame that Grandma has to do it all by herself.  I wish she could get rid of the house & live with you so she could have peace and people who love her could be with her all the time.  When I get home that is exactly what we are going to do.
I would like to read that letter the war dept. sent you.  It should be very interesting.
I sent the box home with the odds & ends in I had around and I also put in my watch.  I packed it pretty good.  I also got the cards in from Hollywood.  I forgot to put my tooth in the box.  That sounds funny doesn't it? 
You mentioned about my birthday present.  Well there is nothing I really need but I was thinking that if everybody chipped in you could get me a waterproof, shockproof watch.  Not as expensive as my other one though.  I do miss my watch and awful lot and I am always looking at my wrist.  As soon as you get my watch take it to the jewelers and get it fixed OK.  The reason it probably doesn't work is because it got wet, so the longer you wait the worse it will get.  I want it in A1 condition so that the first day I get home I can put it on my wrist.  But for the work I am doing now it is nothing for such a beautiful watch.  What do you think of the idea?
It seems like Barb is in another (Henry) situation.  But if I know Barb she'll pull out OK.  Right.
I am glad Sandy is learning.  I think he will be all right in a little while. 
I hope Al is alright.  Did Boby here from him?
I forgot to tell you I saw Clifford.  I told Grandma in her letter.  He didn't have much to say and is still the same.
I also forgot to tell you in my last that when I was at the Lux Radio Playhouse, Cecil B. Demille was the announcer on the regular program.  I thought it would be interesting to let you know.
I am having $6.25 taken out of my pay each month for War Bonds and they will be sent to you automatically.  I'll close now.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

P.S. Enclosing Money order for $30.  Use it as you wish.  Love T.

No comments: