Monday, May 7, 2012

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 126

Anthony J. Curcio
Co. B - 22 Tank Bn. A.P.O. 261
Camp Cooke, Calif.
 

5/7/44 
Letter No. 126
Rec'd  --

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,


It is Sun. night and another week is about to start.  Just another one.  And in 2 more days it will be 16 months.  I'm in the army, but just a month ago I was home.  Gosh time flies.
To start again where I left off Fri. night I got out of G.I. the barracks and went to a U.S.O. traveling show (from camp to camp).  It was very good.  Singers, dancers, etc.
Sat. was a glorious day. (I had K.P.)  Well I didn't want to go any place anyway.  But Sat. night there was a battalion convoy (trucks) to a dance in a small town about 30 miles from camp.  It wasn't bad but I didn't enjoy myself much.  It seems that I feel I want to be with Tiny all the time.  I had such good times with her that I'm just content to think about them.  Well the war won't last forever.
This morning I went to church 11 o'clock mass.  It was a good sermon.  This afternoon I wrote a few letters and tonight I may go to the show if they got a good show.
Tiny is having a bit of a job making up a lot of work otherwise she is coming along alright.  Her brother is over in Italy (He is a captain, just made it about a month ago) and may come home this month.  Isn't that swell.  I told her not to count on it though.
I also got a swell letter from Joe.  He was very apologetic for not writing you etc. but ma he puts it in such a manner.  I'll never meet a buddy like him, ma.  I'll send the letter home in a different letter after I answer it.  He's been shipped to a different battalion.  His address is:
PFC Joseph D'Angelo 32717232
H & S Co. 1397 Constr. Bn.
A.P.O. 957
c/o Postmaster San Francisco, Calif.
The weather is getting warmer but we get a few misty foggy days now and then.
I also got a rocket shell that the boys used for practice.  They are all sending them home so I will as soon as I get a chance.  It will make a nice lamp.  You'll have to use a little imagination.  I think it will make up pretty good though.  That will be for my future workshop.  That will be my first job.  So when you get it just put it some place until I come home.
I'll close now & I will write as soon as I get a chance.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony  

No comments: