Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 130


Anthony J. Curcio
Co. B - 22 Tank Bn. A.P.O. 261
Camp Cooke, Calif.
 

5/23/44 
Letter No. 130
Rec'd  193

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,



I really don't know how to start this letter, I mean I don't know exactly what to say.  I received the package today and when I opened it my eyes just popped out of my head.  Gosh the watch was really something!  I told you all to get one not so expensive.  I just don't know what to say.  It's the perfect thing.  Waterproof, shockproof, non magnetic, sweep hand, illuminates in the night.  Gosh.  And the cherries.  Grandma always comes thru don't she.  And the candy & cookies & flashlight and stamps.  Even the card was so pretty.  And in the envelope with the stamps it had the card from American Legion.  It's all too much to put in words of thanks and appreciation.
Pretty soon, if not already, you'll receive the year book I subscribed to at the University.  Remember?  The University sent a copy to the library here at camp and I looked at it last night.  I got my picture in 3 times.  Can you imagine.  On page 128 Anita & I are dancing (jitterbugging).  That's when she came down that weekend.  Remember.  On page 133 Tiny & I are dancing at the barn dance they had at the sorority house.  You'll find me in the group picture under section P5 Section 1.  Tiny is in the picture on page 76 with Gertrude Lawrence with the Phi Betas.  She also appears with the house pictures (Casablanca Lodge).  She looks good don't she?  I thought the book came real swell.  It's a swell [?] also.
In my last letter I think I forgot to tell you that I saw the picture "Gaslight" with Charles Boyer & Ingrid Bergman.  Boy don't miss it ma.  It will keep you on the edge of your seat.  and they both played excellent parts.  I also saw "The Story of Dr. Wassell" with Gary Cooper & Laraine Day Sunday night as I said.  It was real good & very colorful.  It's a true story.  I wish you see it.
The weather hear had calmed down a bit and it isn't so windy.
I hope you write Tiny again and keep the chain rolling.  I got a letter from her today and she is real busy with her finals.  You can wish her a lot of luck in them.
I want to thank you all again.  It's so swell to know you have a real family behind you.  Just imagine in 11 days I'll be a man.  21 years old.  Gee whiz.  I'll have to close my letters "Your Loving Soldier Man."  Will write soon again.
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony


No comments: