Monday, January 26, 2009

Dear Mom, Pa, Barb, Ann, Ele, Grandma & Aunt Anna, Letter No. 8

Pvt. Anthony J. Curcio 1-26-43
4th Receiving Co. Barrack Z Letter No. 8
Camp Upton, NY

Dear Mom, Pa, Barb, Ann, Ele, Grandma & Aunt Anna,

It was an afterthought to include Grandma & Aunt Anna because I didn't think I should send a letter to Grandma telling her that I was going to be shipped. Was I right?
I
[am] leaving sometime today, when or where I don't know. But I do know that at my first opportunity I will write. You all will probably not hear from me for a few days. But don't worry. I can take care of my self, especially after the bringing up I had & the things I was taught by mom.
Boy it feels kind of funny. It's the first time I will be going to a different state. Well that's the way it goes. Now don't worry & all take care of yourselves & say a prayer it will be someplace close. So long for awhile
Your Loving Soldier Boy,
Tony

No comments: