Sunday, October 27, 2013

Dear Ma, Pa, Grandma, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 153

Oct. 27, 1944
Friday
#153

Dear Ma, Pa, Grandma, Barb, Ann & Ele,

I finally got your mail ma, and boy was I happy.  It seemed so long since I heard from you.  It's a very short time since I saw you all but we cover so much ground that it seems so much longer.  I got letters 219, 220, 221 and you are also giving them another no. so that means I didn't get 217 & 218 yet.  I guess they will come soon.  You can use the other no.'s if you wish ma.  It will be easier for you.
Boy was that I surprise to hear that Henry is home.  I'm just dying to know how Bob is making out and how much time she will spend with him.  I guess I will know before long.  Also about the painting.
I am glad Anita liked the present.  So you made her a hat huh!  It's good you made Helen one too or else I would have been disappointed.  I really was well pleased with that though.
I think Ele will fall right in Boby's footsteps as far as boyfriends is concerned.  I am so glad she can choose her own friends wisely.  Is Ele's prom going to be formal?  I hope it is.  Gee I would like to be there for her graduation but--
I am so glad you are picking up so much weight.  That's a sure sign and after seeing how well you looked when I was home I just know you are doing perfectly and that's all I need to make me happy.  
By gosh my bank account really is growing isn't it.  With all these Christmas presents and especially yours it certainly gives me a swell start.  But I want to say again, ma, when those $25 checks come be sure to take out whatever you need.  In fact take some out anyway & put it in your own account.  OK.
Are you sure Bob got ready in 7 min. ma.  It seems hardly believable.  Especially awaiting her long waited friend.  It's really more comical than anything.
I can't see Aunt Anna's reason at all.  But---.  I'll include Grandma in these letters & when I get more time I'll write to Aunt Anna.  
I'll close for now ma and will write soon again.  Oh I forgot to tell you that I will probably get a pass to London Sunday and I will tell you about it as soon as I get back.  It should be real interesting.

Your Loving Soldier Boy
Tony 

No comments: