Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Dear Ma, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele Letter No. 141

Aug. 6, 1944
Sunday Night
#141
Rec'd #206

Dear Mom, Pa, Barb, Ann & Ele,

Well here is the end of another week but this time it wasn't to prosperous as far as good times is concerned, but there is no reason why I should go out every weekend anyway.  Sat. night I (last night) went into Lompoc (that's a small town about 10 miles from camp) just to get out of camp I guess.  One of the boys and myself (he's a Brooklyn boy also) went to confession in a cute little church in Lompoc.  Then we bowled a game and then spent a few hrs at a dance.  It wasn't very exciting but we did pass the time away.  I sent you a little booklet from the U.S.O. about the town which will be good for your scrapbook.
Today we had to go out on the range all day.  So I missed mass.  I'll have to wait until next week to go to communion.  The capt. promised us off all day next Sat. because we went out today.  That ain't so bad, is it?
I received the four hankies and mom they're swell.  You say you hope I like them enough to send them to her, it never occurred to me for one split second not to send them to her.  How could she help but like them.  I sent them to her but she didn't get them as yet.  I also send Dad a carton of cigarettes for his birthday.
I hope Grandma can sell the house.  It gives her too many worries.  Right ma?  Give Grandma my love and tell her I will write real soon.
My writing isn't so good as I have a little bandage on my pinky and it makes it a bit uncomfortable when writing.  It's just a little sore.
I'm glad everybody remarks about your locks ma that's an excellent sign that you're picking up weight and getting along fine.  I certainly can tell that from the picture you sent me.  It's a honey.
What's new with everybody & everything?  Did Ann hear from Frank yet?  Did Bob hear from Al again? etc.  
I'll write soon again until then I remain

Your Loving Solider Boy
Tony

P.S.  I hope Sandy is getting to be a better boy.  How was he since you last wrote?
  
 

No comments: